Monday, May 16, 2005

The joys of living in Queens

Anyone that has ever lived, visited, or just seen NYC and Queens knows that parking is hard to come by. Well on Saturday, Tony found a note on a lot of cars, including mine, that Queer Eye for the Straight Guy is going to be filming here and that we have to move our cars by 6am on Sunday. Well, not wanting a ticket, I got up at 5:15am (which usually isn't that bad, but I went to bed at 1am, yeah I know that wasn't smart), got dressed and moved my car. I had to park 3 blocks away. :( After taking my son to church and going to the store, I prayed that by some small miracle I'd find a closer spot. I was happy to find a spot on my block (Joe couldn't understand why I was so happy to find a spot that was still far away from the apt). All Sunday I was looking, seeing by any slight chance that I would spot someone. Well this morning when I took Joe out to wait for the bus, there was a new sign up stating that they would be here today from 7am to 8pm. Then why in the hecht did I have to move my car yesterday morning if they weren't coming until today? If I see any of them, I'll let ya'll know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home