Monday, January 31, 2005

The joy of NYC school buses and other things

Yes, today is Monday, which means getting up to get Joe off to school. After falling asleep on the couch Friday morning and missing his bus, I made sure that I was awake this morning. I was and had no problem getting him up and ready for school. At 7am, we all go outside to wait for the bus, which usually comes at 7:10am. Well, 7:30am comes around and still no bus. Annoyed and confused, we all come back inside to find out what happened to his bus. So I dial the number for the bus company, and it's busy. Ok I can understand that, so I keep trying. After a few redials, I got lucky and the phone rang....And rang.....And rang. 20 rings later and still no one answers. So now I have to rush and get Mandy dressed and fed before we take Joe to school. Luckily I made it and got him to school without a problem.

Now I decide that maybe since I was already out, I should pick up more milk for my little Mandy, which meant going to the slowest store in the world, Pathmark. I hate going to Pathmark because the people working there are a bunch of idiots, but it was close to the school and I was hoping that the would have everything that I needed.

Ok so now I'm happy, Joe is off at school and I got plenty of milk for my little Mandy, never imagining that I would have even more fun then most people do all day. The fun that I'm talking about is trying to park on a street full of snow. Here's silly me thinking that it's 9:30am, how hard could it be to find a decent spot. On most days this wouldn't be a problem, but since we still have mountains of snow on our street, parking has become a whole new adventure. I guess to make a long story a bit shorter, I can't wait till all of the bloody snow melts or someone at the DOT decides to plow our street when they reinstate the street cleaning rules.

2 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger french toast girl said...

Maybe you should get a toboggan and then you can stick Joe and Mandy and the groceries all on the sled... ;)

love, me

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Yeah, then at least I would know where he was and I wouldn't have to worry about the bus getting into another accident. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home